The Joy of a Winning Mindset

by Daniel Ngari on February 24, 2009

A winning mindset will bring joy to your life. If you think and behave like a winner, you will win and succeed beyond your wildest dreams. There are many fine athletes that could win championships are intimidated by opponents with a winning attitude. Have a winning attitude and you will enjoy success.

Swimming Championship Winner

swimmingPlease forgive me for using this as an example: The average man’s ejaculate is 280 million sperms. Only 1 is required to make a baby. If you are reading this it means you won a nearly impossible swimming championship. Even champion swimmers Michael Phelps and Ian Thorpe never had to compete with that many people at the Olympics. Always remember that you were once a winning sperm. Even when faced with life’s difficulties, remember you were born a winner.

Visualize Success & Victory

Many winners in life visualize their success in their minds until it becomes real to them. The real battles are fought in the mental realm. If you absolutely believe that you are going to win, and put in the requisite effort and preparation, then you will win by a big margin.

OSCAR

OSCAR

I watched Actor Kate Winslet when she won the 2009 Best Actress Oscar. During her acceptance speech she said “I’d be lying if I haven’t made a version of this speech before,” she said. “I think I was probably 8 years old and staring into the bathroom mirror and this (Oscar) would be a shampoo bottle. But it’s not a shampoo bottle now.”

She had visualized her eventual success from an early age. Do you condition your mind to visualize your success in your endeavors?

Have a Unique Approach

Barrack Obama adopted a winning mindset for his presidential campaign. He decided early on that he wanted to win. He recruited some of the best minds in media and internet technologies. They tapped on Web 2.0 technologies and networks such as Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and much more. He used these networks to recruit, train and encourage grassroots support for his presidential campaign. Because of that, plus other factors, he was able to raise a record breaking campaign kitty from small donors that enabled him to bypass a public financed campaign. This ultimately helped him win the presidency.

Think of ways you can have a unique approach to success. Do not do what everybody is doing.

Do not Expect Miracles

Winners go for their success and put in the requisite effort. Many miracles are as a result of dedicated effort and hard work.

For example, I cannot expect that this blog will miraculously turn out to be very popular without doing any work. For it to succeed, I have to continuously seek ways of delivering unique value to you.

Without delivering exceptional value, I would be wasting your time and you would not visit again. I have to work hard to justify your time investment. It does not just happen, it is hard work. Do not expect miracles. Create your miracles by taking action.

Build on Your Success

To become a real winner in life you have to learn to build on your successes. You need to aspire to win small victories. These small victories will then give you cumulative confidence to tackle more challenges.

Sir Richard Branson

Sir Richard Branson

Sir Richard Branson, UK Billionaire is a good example of someone who built on to his success to move on to bigger things. He started by running a student magazine at the age of 16. At 17 he expanded into a mail order music catalogue. In 1972 he decided to get artists to record music directly with him. He branded his company as Virgin. Today, Virgin is an empire, with over 200-businesses ranging from airlines to music, from credit cards to soda, from cell phones to space travel, and so much more.

Think like a winner. You do not need to start at your pinnacle. Build your success block by block. What is a good starting point to build your success? What can you start doing today that will bring success to your doorstep in the next few days? Remember Rome was not built in one day. Find a starting point. Create an action plan and execute it like a winner that you are.

Enjoy the Journey

Winners enjoy what they do. Think about it, from successful musicians to top athletes, winners enjoy their journey. They understand that success does not happen overnight.

You cannot afford to postpone your happiness until the day you win. You may end up a very miserable person even after achieving your goals. Remember that success is a journey and so, make sure you savor every moment of it.

Practice Makes Perfect

A winner knows that practice makes perfect. It takes a long time to gain perfection. You have to be willing to invest time to iron out your mistakes, and find an efficient way of reaching your goal. Every practice session makes doing it again seem easier.

Summary

The joy of a winning mindset is that you will get closer to your goals and you will enjoy the journey. Think like a winner. You were born a winner. Build on each successive win, gain experience and confidence to take on bigger challenges.

{ 10 comments }

Kibe Gitau October 23, 2010 at 1:39 am

I just luv reading this stuff. A good reminder of what we CAN do!

kahora March 10, 2009 at 9:18 pm

its so sweet going through and enjoying the journey to making ourself the best.its a very unique way of approch to life.

keep it up and God see you through

Linda K. Mugo February 26, 2009 at 1:22 pm

This is really nice. I loved the “swimming championship winner” bit. It’s actually phenomenal that we each made it against such odds (279million competitors is no joke:-) Thanks, this is very encouraging!! On our worst days we must always remember we are winners!

Hey, thanks too for your hard work in making this interesting and relevant to readers.

Njeri February 25, 2009 at 11:00 pm

a much needed reminder indeed

Josphine njeri February 25, 2009 at 9:16 pm

if all kenyans had this attitude we would have a great nation.

m. mwangi February 25, 2009 at 1:59 pm

wow,nice man,i totally agree, i’ll give an example in my case, there was a time i used to lead, and everytime we were taught a new song,if i told myself that key was way too high for me to sing it, i wouldn’t be able to…but as we practiced the song and i began to gain more confidence,id loosen up and the song would freely ‘come out’ of me. I take that lesson with me everytime, in music mostly, that whatever ‘song’ i can visualize myself singing i can sing, but should i let fear cloud my ‘vision of myself singing it’,then i start to doubt my capability and consequently hold back, can’t project and thus can’t hit notes the right way.

Such is life. the good book says, that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen, if you don’t have that evidence inside of you, then it won’t manifest,Abraham didn’t believe he’d get a son, he knew, thats the difference….i aint preaching, i just used an example from my c.r.e class way way back.

paula February 25, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Well Dan… Joy it is that we want… I like it when u say that practice is what brings perfect. Somethimes I tend to forget that I have to practice… thx for reminding me…

Brenda Njeru February 25, 2009 at 9:58 am

We are all born winners in “our elements”.But even having that in mind,thou shall not forget to humble thyself.Or pride may stand at the door of your success.

james karuku February 25, 2009 at 4:45 am

Whatever the mind conceives, it can achieve.

Alen February 24, 2009 at 10:50 pm

I have no so fully agreed. The mindset is probably the biggest inhibiting factor to most would be success stories. Isnt it a fact that man uses but a minimal part of his brain in actualising things? I fear to fathom what man would do if he engaged 10% more of the brain capacity he uses. And more fearful is what would happen when his minset would always see success and be positive!

I have achieved more when i engaged my mind to see that successful picture long before it happened. And much easier was the task of achieving my intended success. Infact thats the hardest part and yet the easiest. Engaging your mind (mind you am not saying changing your mindset) is actually the only solution to changing our lives for the better, seeing things in a more positive attitude and i also believe that if people would engage their minds more positively more genuine love would abound in this war torn world that we live in.

I shutter to think of the billions upon billions of bright ideas that never see the day of light because the author brains didnt believe in the success of the dream. The cars we drive, the houses we live in, the beer that we drink, the medication we use was all once a dream, now actualised. Mindset saves the world. I believe that totally.

Maybe the HIV AIDS cure hasnt been found because someone hasnt just dared to make their dreams a reality. How many more lives would be saved if hat brain just took it to the next level! Thats hos crucial mindset is! wow!

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: